new sport background

Sunday, September 7

Dating During the Season

Photo by: cjdalusio at photobucket
Football season is here! Not only is my coach rarely home, when he is home, he is doing one of two things, sleeping or watching football.

The thought of a date night gives me a chuckle. Honestly, if he was home at a reasonable hour, I would probably ask (barter)him to watch our daughter so I could grab 30 minutes of quiet reading time at the local Starbucks.

A dear friend, who happens to be a coach's wife, encourages date nights, especially now! She recently made plans to drop the kids off at the grandparents' and catch a bite with her coach, as they made their way to scout a game. This is what we, as coach's wives, would refer to as "a date night". I applaud her effort and her "take what you can get and enjoy it" attitude.

Although I grumble at the thought of sitting through yet another football game, I too will make an attempt to seek the "goal" of a winning marriage, even if it means I will be taking one for the team. I smile at the thought of my coach seeing things from my view (the bleachers) and you never know, maybe he will even teach me a thing or two about his beloved mistress, football.

I am off to convince my coach to lug me along (without complaint)on his next scheduled scouting trip.

Have other date night tips, chime in!

No comments: