new sport background

Tuesday, July 15

Clearing the Clutter

I am on a mission!

Our home is cram-packed with furniture, clothes, and toys. We have been very blessed through family and friends over the years! I have decided that this week was the beginning of blessing others.

I had been saving lots of stuff for months in our small storage room, for a potential garage sale. Although my frugal side screams "have a garage sale!" to raise money to put towards debt and savings, I decided the best thing I could do is rid our home of these things, immediately. I feel so "stuffed" with things right now and do not want to feel this way for another moment.

I loaded up our car with 16 trash bags (yes! 16) full of our unneeded clothes and my husband took them to our local Goodwill. I then proceeded to give away an extra bed on Freecycle. I am in the process of sorting toys to give to family members that have smaller children, the local hospital, and our women's crisis center. (Most of the toy sorting must occur when the little one is sleeping because the toys have a way of sneaking themselves back into the main toy box.)

Next week, I will be reorganizing the furniture and getting rid of stuff too! I hope to find a new use for some of it, but most of it just has to go!

I feel so much better already! And what a feeling to know I have blessed someone else rather than filling up our home or landfills.

Join me in clearing your clutter and tell me about it!

No comments: