new sport background

Monday, July 21

Menu Planning Monday July 21st

I love Menu Planning Monday, hosted by Org Junkie. I have been an off line participant for months now. It helps keep me organized in the kitchen and disciplined at the grocery store. I usually make the menu according to what is on sale that week. Then I search Allrecipes , my favorite recipe site, for new ideas.

This week we will be having: (drum roll please....)

Breakfasts: cereal, protein smoothies, egg burritos (w/ homemade salsa!), oatmeal and banana pancakes
Snacks: Yogurt drinkables, veggie stix, strawberries & creme, fruit jello, chips & salsa
Lunch: BLT sandwiches, poppyseed chicken casserole, spicy chicken roll ups, turkey melts, bacon and shrimp couscous
Dinner: Italian chicken w/ black eyed peas and salad, Soft beef tacos w/ black beans, Green salsa chicken, Spaghetti with homemade bread, Mama Kathy's Minestrone

We usually eat out a time or two each week so I leave the weekend for "make-up meals" or just through something on the grill.

Any recipe ideas?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Minestrone sounds really good. I might give that recipe a try!

Hope you have a great week!
Karen
www.homeschoolblogger.com/cookalatte

Abbi said...

It all sounds pretty yummy. The BLT's really sound good.

Bleacher Bottom Babe is... said...

Thanks for stopping by! I love sharing recipes and love to see how others enjoy the adventures of food! Your creative and home-made spirit encourages me so maybe, just maybe, I will try to make something from scratch like pasta next week!

Brooke said...

we had minestone and salsa chicken last week, different receipes but two great ideas! :)