new sport background

Thursday, January 1

365 Days is both...

365 days is both a long time and "a twinkling of an eye!"

I love starting a new year because it encourages new goal setting. My coach is usually a little resistant, although compliant, when it comes to "family changes."

Our first change is a bit hard to swallow, intimidating, and "what the heck am I thinking" kinda goal...
365 days of buying nothing new except food, toiletries, and medical stuff.

Goal two is living by our written budget. period. We picked this because our family has a written budget every month but we struggle to follow it.

The last thing we are doing is 15 minutes a day for self improvement. Walking, practicing something useful, praying, reading, pedicures, anything. Just something that makes "me" better. (Coach wants to use his 15 minutes to "decrease his stress level" with video games! I vote no for that one to count!)

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Atm said...

I love the idea of not buying anything that is unneccesary!

Thanks for your encouragement,

Nish@ Memoirs of the New Wife