new sport background

Wednesday, January 28

Helpful

The coach has been home for two days straight because of bad weather. (Ain't Texas great! Canceling school because of 35 degree weather!)

Anyhoo.
I am happy.

I (okay, he) rearranged all the furniture. Actually vacuumed under most of it. Hung pictures on the wall. Cleaned the tops of cabinets, shelves, and the fridge.

He's tall. I'm not.

He's strong. (I am but please don't tell him that. It could damage his self image.)

I begged him to push all the furniture around. And then back. And then over there. Never mind. Just put it back in the original spot. It was fine.

He smiled. He feels more manly now. I can tell. And thank goodness he loves me or he may have quit half way through. (I have a somewhat annoying bark. I am aware. I am working on praying to get that removed. I'll let you know.)

I also let him wash and dry all the dishes too.
Nothing boosts the self esteem more than seeing a task out through it's entirety, right?

So basically, his vacation days are my vacation days!
And I have built up his self esteem along the way. (Like many coaches need help with that!)

I am happy.

No comments: